2013年8月9日 星期五

[漂流] Lessons about language difficulties...

文/江婕瑋 職能治療師

原文出處:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=700760083272461&set=a.323353044346502.98454.100000154267360&type=1



Because my mother tongue is Mandarin, I was too shy to speak awkward English during my first week in LA. However, when it comes to rights and benefits, I found I can initiatively participate in the meetings, even public affairs. I didn't know that I could strive for life and not worry about losing face until doing them as common practices. It is amazing that motivations can really drive me to overcome second language difficulty!

Another gain from pain was to experience the situation of autism. Living in different cultures and contexts made my social interaction and verbal communication temporarily impaired. Most of time I just couldn't get the whole concepts from others. Or even I could catch the messages, it was hard to express my feelings and thoughts in an unfamiliar language. I believe those special experiences are going to help me and my clients a lot.


Thanks for lessons learned and earned. Hope my small step can make a big difference in the future.

沒有留言:

張貼留言